Tuesday 15 April 2014

Australia - 15th Day of Gratitude

I struggle to understand some of the decisions our Federal Governments have made over the years, and at times I find their attitudes to Humanitarian issues completely disgusting to the point where I am sick to say I am Australian.

I Marched in March at our local turn out and I intend to March in May to express my dissatisfaction with the bipartisan 'solutions' to such things as Asylum Seekers just to name one.

Having said that, I can still say that I am grateful I do live in this country.

As I sit here in the comfort of my lounge room on my soft lounge in clean clothes and my children sleep safely, and although it is school holidays, they have always attended school and in fact, are required to, I am watching a story on Indian Coal Mines and the "rat holes" young children are forced to work in so their family can eat.



The other boy saw his Father die in front of him in a mining accident.

If you are compelled to and are in the position to help, here are some links for you to see how you might be able to help.

Impulse and Maiti Nepal are two organisations that are trying to make a difference.

Today, I actually am grateful to be able to live in Australia, despite the imperfections.


No comments:

Post a Comment