Thursday 10 April 2014

Developing Friendships - 9th Day of Gratitude

Tonight I phoned a friend.

No, I wasn't on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?".

But I will say, she is worth a Million!

With all that I have learnt about myself in the last 10 years, I know only too well, that I am very self conscious these days, particularly about what I say to other people. So, in my nervousness, I sometimes find myself not expressing myself well, or even at all, and backing away from conversations as the best alternative to a bad conversation and, in the extreme, backing away from relationships.



Unfortunately, things left unsaid are often as bad as saying the wrong things, so when I expressed this to my friend and explained to her how unsure I felt, I was so joyfully rewarded with her support (and threats of actual physical pain if ever I did that again) that I realised I truly have a friend who cares and who is in the process (as I am with her) of really getting to know me!


Tonight, I am grateful for people who care ... about me! You know who you are ... xo


No comments:

Post a Comment