Monday 8 April 2013

Accountability - 8th Day of Gratitude

Once again, today I was given a reminder, yes, another of my wonderful friends.

I was reminded how powerful accountability is.
Which follows on from why I decided to blog Grateful in April.

Today however, I was reminded about a promise I had made, one I had actually made to myself, no, not to my friend who reminded me (see now THAT'S a friend), a promise to me.


I had resolved to start getting more sleep, for health and mental health reasons; and well, if you are one of those weird people who check what time emails were sent or blog posts were logged or any other sort of Internet action was registered (as it seems most of my beautiful friends are), then you will know that I have not kept that promise to myself!

And so, with accountability on my side, tonight I have made my star chart and tomorrow I am going to buy myself a sheet of beautiful gold stars, or coloured ones, or maybe I'll go with smiley faces, oh, oh, I know I could get Princess ones or, or ... Oops, another distraction.

Anyway, tonight it will not happen that I get to bed before 10:30pm, but it will be earlier than usual! And, tomorrow night, I will be motivated. Because I will have stickers! And I can live in hope that I just may be woken up like this ...

I have decided that I will reward myself after 21 consecutive nights of being in bed ready for sleep by 10:30pm! They say it takes 21 days to form a habit? As to whom "they" are, I have nominated this link to support my argument.
So now, I have to decide what my reward will be! What would you suggest?
My gratitude today goes to accountability!
My Happy Ending will be, in this situation, many things, according to this website Better Sleep Better Life.
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. Benjamin Franklin

(I can only hope)

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, going to bed at a reasonable time is no guarantee I will actually get any sleep. I wish you luck in your good sleep endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am my worst enemy. My Mother struggled with insomnia, thankfully, I don't, which is why I kick myself everytime I have a late night and why I recognise your struggle and feel for you. I hope you do find a solution xo

      Delete