Thursday 18 April 2013

The Simple Life - 17th Day of Gratitude

After such an emotional day yesterday, I really focused on enjoying our happy home today.

Sure, the usual boring stuff was in need of attention, as was some planning and a trip to the shops, but even the mundane was approached with a much improved attitude today.

I watched out the kitchen window at one point while the boys played and tormented each other with a game of one-on-one Basketball.


I spent that extra time conversing with MJ and took LJ happily with me to the shops. No stress or time restraints meant a happy and enjoyable jaunt. We read books today with no attitude of learning, just enjoyment.



I found myself still tearing up every time I saw a news report on Boston, and was conscious as to the long journey ahead for all of those people.

I do thank God, my idea of God, in these times, for the very simple things that we have in our lives that enable us to be.

Spending stress free leisure time with each other in a safe place with no real worries or concerns, is one of those simple things.

Today I am grateful for our simple life.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. The simple things in life really are the best!

    G. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish I would take time to realise it more often without needing reminders xo

      Delete