Thursday 25 April 2013

The Basics - 24th Day of Gratitude

Today has been a day where nothing exceptional has happened, nothing out of the norm, nothing that slapped me in the face and said "Hey! You should be glad I am a part of your life!", well nothing that I don't see every day.

Today I am putting my gratitude into what I will call "The Basics".  Instead of drawing it out for effect and trying to elicit oooos and aaaahs from my readers, I will simply put it in list form. The things that happen every day, that I really should be grateful for.

I wake up
I draw breath
I see my children
I have food to prepare, eat and share
I have water, tea and best of all coffee
I have running water and can shower or take a bath
I have healthy children and for the most part, I'm OK too
I have health services available to me
I have a roof over my head
I have the ability to be self reliant
I feel
I love
I am loved

This is a quick list off the top of my head.  I found once I started, I could have gone on for some time, but that is all I need to make my point.

Today, I am grateful for the basics.

4 comments:

  1. Good list and good positive thinking!

    There really are so many thing to be grateful for, we sometimes forget to see the many, many good things that surround us.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    Aleisha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. This month of "Grateful in April" has really made me reflect, and has had such a positive impact on my whole outlook. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      http://gratefulinapril.com/

      Delete
  2. Today I am in the frame of mind where I can agree. I know I live a blessed life in many ways. Sometimes I can even appreciate that fact :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate. Giving gratitude has helped me a great deal. xo

      Delete