Thursday 11 April 2013

The Star Chart

For those of you playing along at home, or at least reading along at home, you may recall this post, where I resolve to put a star chart in place to keep track on my sleeping habits in the hope to improve them!  And, ultimately reward myself after 21 days of consecutive "good behaviour". I'm such an Angel ...

Well, guess what? I have already missed one night! Which means, back to the drawing board; start again!


But you know what? I am not too worried, since I had only got it right for one night so far!


I might not be so happy if I had already reached 19 days ...

I missed last night as I am still adjusting to getting things done earlier in the night so that I can actually get to bed on time. 

Please take note the time this post will be posted to my blog; It shows I am learning.

So, with some of that persistence I talked about yesterday in this post, I will start again, tonight!

I mean, I have to ... I went and bought all these cool stickers for my rewards chart!


It is said it takes 21 days to form a new habit.

Of breaking habits, many things are said, but the most reasonable explanation is this ...

It is less about the length of time it takes to break a habit, it is the number of attempts that count. That number is, as many attempts as it takes!

My Happy Ending will be, that the black bags under my eyes will be gone!

Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.  Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment