Thursday 11 April 2013

Humour - 11th Day of Gratitude

I grew up in a time when any joke was acceptable. No political correctness required ... ever.

I am glad that has changed, because I also was raised in a time where, nobody cared about the impact of their jokes on others; and being the chubby kid and a girl, it seemed to me, many jokes were written with me in mind.

This did not stop me having a sense of humour myself, although some people who know me now might dispute I even have a funny bone. It is sometimes hard to find the funny in life or even a joke when you are reeling with anxiety or disabled with depression.

Having said all that ... I still have a sense of humour. It has been known to be a bit dark and at times inappropriate as I have spoken out my deepest fears or feelings in what to me seemed liked the best way to express them at the time. Such as ...


AND ...

But I have to say, that I would not be able to cope some days without a light hearted jibe or a quirky sarcastic remark being uttered by me or others.


So thank goodness for Facebook and Twitter, where most days, I come across some real pearlers and much of the time, get the lift that I need.

Often that lift is the thing that helps to change my thinking and redirect my mood for the whole day! Like these ...



So I just want to share some of them in the hope that you might get a laugh or that you may LOL as it is know in the land of the internet.













Hope you all have a great day and as tomorrow is Friday here in Australia, I hope you all have a G.R.E.A.T. weekend!

Today, I am grateful for Humour!
A sense of humour, is needed armour. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep, has a pretty good grasp of life. Hugh Sidey

No comments:

Post a Comment