Friday 12 April 2013

Homeland - 12th Day of Gratitude

I was reminded today of how lucky we are to have such a beautiful land to live in!

And so, today, I am grateful for Australia.
Particularly Sydney.
I am Sydney born and bred and although I have done quite a bit of travelling, including living and working in London for a stint, and, forgetting the fact that I don't actually live in Sydney now, I still love Sydney.
I have been lucky enough to spend some time lately looking at the beautiful city of Sydney from the perspective of a tourist and I have to tell you, I understand why people flock here!

Sorry the quality of this picture is not so good, taken through a Perspex wall, as was the next one ...
But this last one, is my favourite, and I have used it before, but after all, it is my favourite. :-)
Today I caught the train to the city with a friend and wandered around past the Opera House, stopping to simply take in the view.
Back we went to the Quay and sat for a while enjoying a coffee and watching the Ferries come and go.
Off into the Rocks for a quick peek at the HUGE passenger ship waiting to load it's cargo and a quick look at the market place and the many people enjoying the alfresco lifestyle so fitting for an Autumn day in Sydney.
Just bliss.
I am so grateful that I have been blessed with Sydney, Australia as my homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment